- 10 ounces pasta (rigatoni, spaghetti, or elbow macaroni can be used)
- 3/4 cup basil pesto* (see below)
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or equal parts garlic powder dried basil and dried oregano)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley
Boil Pasta and drain. Boil shrimp if necessary. I usually buy already cooked. Add the ingredients together and you’re done.
You can make your own pesto, but the ones in the refrigerated produce section are pretty fresh.
- 3 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Combine basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and nuts in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend to a smooth paste. Add parsley if desired.