Prep time:Total time:This strawberry blueberry trifle recipe requires zero baking and it takes about 30 min to make! The sweet/tartness of the fruit, melt-in-your-mouth soft angel food cake and lightly sweetened cream come together so well.Serving: 10-12 “slices”Ingredients
- 17 oz angel food cake, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 lb fresh blueberries
Almond Syrup Ingredients:
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened at room temp
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
How to Make Almond Syrup:
- Heat 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water over medium high heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in almond extract.
- Brush both sides of sliced angel food cake with syrup. Cut the slices into 1 inch cubes.
How to Make the Trifle Cream:
- Beat together 1 lb cream cheese and ¾ cup sugar (with the whisk attachment) on medium speed until creamy and smooth, scraping the bowl a couple times. With mixer on, slowly pour in 2 cups heavy cream and continue beating on low/medium until until whipped and fluffy. Add ½ tsp vanilla and beat until incorporated.
Assembling the Berry Trifle:
- Place ⅓ of your sliced angel food cake into the bottom of your trifle dish and brush with ⅓ of your syrup. Add ⅓ of your cream and loosely spread it over cake pieces. Add ½ of the sliced strawberries. Repeat with remaining ingredients (adding ½ of the blueberries for the second fruit layer). Frost the top with last ⅓ of cream and decorate with remaining fruit.
Important: This cake is best served the same day it’s made. Refrigerate until ready to eat.