2 large carrots (1.5 cups )
2 small red potatoes (2 cups)
1 small-medium zucchini (2 cups)
2 red peppers (2 cups)
1 head broccoli (1.5 cups)
1 Turkey Sausage (13oz)
1/2 tablespoon EACH: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon EACH: onion powder, dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
Fine sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
4 and 1/2 tablespoons (59g) olive oil
Optional: fresh parsley
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large pan or casserole dish with parchment paper or foil for easy clean up.
- PREP VEGGIES: It is important to prep the veggies according to directions to ensure they all cook at the same rate. Peel and thinly slice the carrots (1/8th inch thick). Wash and chop the red potatoes (leave the peel on). You want the pieces quite small. Halve the zucchini lengthwise and then cut thick half-moons about 1/2 inch thick. Coarsely chop the broccoli into florets. Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and chop into 1-inch pieces. Chop the sausage into thick (1/2-inch) coins.
- SEASON: Place all the veggies and sausage on the prepared sheet pan. Drizzle the olive oil over everything. Add the seasonings right on top: the basil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and optional red pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper (I use about 1/8 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt). With your hands, toss to coat all the veggies and sausage in the seasoning/oil mixture. Ensure that sausage and veggies are single layered.
- BAKE: Place pan in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Remove and toss/flip the veggies and sausage. Return to the oven for another 10-20 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Remove pan from the oven and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
SERVE: Serve as is out of the oven or on top of rice, quinoa, or cooked cauliflower rice.